We have a small goldfish pond in our backyard for the last ten years. It is about three feet deep so even in the winter time the fish do well. If the water freezes at the top the fish go to the bottom and just slow down a little. A few weeks ago after the big snow we got, I went to see the fish and there were none-not one out of about 12 big goldfish. I told David and he theorized that we may have a hungry raccoon
in the area who had found a fish dinner.
It seemed a bit odd, but I let it go at that: kind-of. Every few days I would ask David what got our beautiful fish and he continued on with his coon theory.
Then last Saturday morning David had got up before me and opened our bedroom blinds to let some nice sunshine in while I was still trying to wake up. He and Josh were in the breakfast room when they heard me yelling "Look!, there is a big thing out there!" Of course, David said, "what are you talking about?" At that time I pointed out the back window and a large blue-gray crane, who must have sensed all the activity inside, began flying away from the gold fish pond.
Well, we now know that our crane friend, who has come back since to look for fish, was the culprit.
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was agreeing with David about the coon theory...until you got to the crane part. How sadly funny!!
ReplyDeleteLisa Newell